Job # 18-101
Location: San Diego, CA
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Davenergy Solutions is a rapidly growing, profitable company, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our employees are the key to maintaining our competitive edge. To attract and retain the best industry talent Davenergy Solutions shares its success with its employees and is committed to providing a professional work environment where learning, growth and recognition are highly valued. If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a progressive organization that will offer you diversified challenges and an excellent opportunity for advancement, please review our current employment opportunities. For more information about Davenergy Solutions and open positions please visit our website at www.davenergy.com.
Position Description: We are seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic and growing mechanical engineering consulting practice. We are looking for motivated candidates who can grow with this department. The selected applicant will conduct commissioning, retro-commissioning energy audits, and limited design assistance services on a variety of property types. Experience performing commissioning services, and cost/benefit analyses on energy improvements is a requirement for applying to this position.
This position will require you to perform field inspections of government, commercial, industrial, multifamily residential, manufacturing, and institutional properties. You will collect relevant information to help redesign Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs), perform energy benchmarking, and cost/ benefit analysis. Some projects will require energy modeling with eQUEST, TREAT, or similar software. The ideal candidate will be adaptive to working with all property types, and knowledgeable with regard to a variety of HVAC systems.
The successful candidate may also be expected help perform commissioning activities such as construction document review, construction field installation verification, and equipment functional testing. Depending on project capacity, this candidate may also be expected to assist in limited mechanical design.
- Performance of energy audits (ASHRAE Level I, II, and III)
- Commissioning of new construction buildings.
- Retro-commissioning experience and ECM Determination
- An ABET accredited bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- An understanding of and experience with a variety of HVAC systems
- Familiarity with ASHRAE standards
- Familiarity with ICC Building, Mechanical and Green Energy Codes
- Experience performing whole building energy modeling a plus
- LEED AP accreditation a plus
- Commissioning certification a plus (CxA, CCCP, NEBB)
- Excellent report writing skills, computer and internet skills
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time and within budget
- Ability to travel on short notice (1 week or less).
Educational Requirements: BS in Engineering or related fields
Registration Requirements: EIT Required, PE Required, Commissioning Certification a Plus
Benefits: Davenergy offers a competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, group medical & dental insurance, 401k plan, profit sharing with employer contribution, and paid vacation/holidays. EOE M/W/D/V
Submittal: Please submit a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format via email to email@example.com. You must include the following information:
- Reference job title and resource
- Brief summary of past related experience (highlight your experience as it relates to our need & industry);
- List of your education credentials and professional registrations
We look forward to hearing from you!